Halloween can be a fun time for children and families. However, it is very important to keep safety in mind when you’re venturing out on October 31st. We have complied safety tips for you to keep in mind this Hallowe’en day.
- Children should be accompanied by an adult.
- Children should wear clothing that can easily be seen at night. Retro- reflective materials are best.
- Children should trick or treat in one well-known area and not wander into unknown neighborhoods.
- All candy should be inspected by an adult to make sure that no one has tampered with it. If it looks suspicious, the police should be contacted.
- Children should avoid stray animals.
- Children should wear masks that do not interfere with vision. Better yet, they can avoid masks by wearing makeup.
- Children should watch for moving vehicles when crossing streets.
- Costumes should be short enough that the child will not trip.
- Trick or treaters should dress appropriately for the weather and carry a flashlight.
- For extra safety, organize a Halloween party for children in your neighbourhood.
(source: Canada’s Safety Council)
Do you have tips that we should add to the list? Email BSL Security Services with your tips and we may add them.
BSL Security Services
Guard Services, Mobile Patrol, Alarm Response, Firewatch